Erected on a German bunker, this work by local artist Yvonne Guégan symbolises the Liberation. The names of the 177 French soldiers who took part in the military ope-rations of 6 June 1944 are engraved on the metal of a flame, which represents a wave or the bow of a ship. Around it, ten stones bear the names of the commandos who gave their lives between Colleville-Mont-gomery and Ouistreham, another tribute to the memory of Commandant Philippe Kieffer. The monument was inaugurated on 6 June 1984 by President François Mitterrand. On each anniversary, French veterans gather here for a moving homage to their fallen comrades. Near the statue of Lord Lovat, a statue of Commander Philippe Kieffer was inaugurated on June 6, 2019.