Get to Caen la mer
• Caen Railway Station : Paris Saint-Lazare to Caen – 2 hours ( Paris /Cherbourg Line).
Tel. : 36 35 (0.34€/min) – www.ter.sncf.com/normandie
To get to the railway station to the city centre of Caen : lines T1,T2 &T3
• Caen-Carpiquet airport (9 km from the city centre) – Over 30 national and international destinations via Lyon or non-stop.
Tel. : +33 (0)2 31 71 20 10 – www.caen.aeroport.fr.
Acces to the city centre by bus with Twisto : Line 3
• FLIXBUS and OUIBUS: daily service from Paris and the major cities in France to Caen and Ouistreham Riva-Bella.
• BRITTANY FERRIES : Ouistreham-Portsmouth. Transfer to London. Information et booking : +33 (0)2 98 24 47 01) – www.brittanyferries.fr
Caen – Ouistreham by bus : line 12, 12 express et « gare maritime express »
Getting around in Caen la mer
Twisto, the Caen la mer urban network
The Tram serves the heart of downtown Caen with 3 distinct lines:
T1 : HEROUVILLE • Saint-Clair > IFS •Jean Vilar
T2 : CAEN • Campus 2 > CAEN • Presqu’île
T3 : CAEN • Château-Quatrans > FLEURY • Collège Hawking
More informations : www.twisto.fr
Nomad Car 14
The Normandy bus network to facilitate your mobility.
Line °74 : in July & August, to get to the Côte de Nacre and a part of the d-day beaches.
Tel. : 09 70 83 00 14 – https://www.nomadcar14.fr/fr/
By taxi or car with driver
Find the list of our private transports here : Transports
Park and ride car parks in Caen
Located within 15 minutes of the centre, they each offer dedicated bus services right to the heart of the city. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have a valid Twisto ticket, you can park your vehicle in one of the controlled-access Park and Ride car parks or in one of the free-access car parks.
- CAEN Côte de Nacre car park (150 spaces)
- Boulevard Becquerel in Caen. For the city centre, take: line T2 towards CAEN presqu’île.
- IFS Jean Vilar car park (90 spaces)
- Avenue Jean Vilar, next to the IFS Jean Vilar tram station, in Ifs. For the city centre, take: line T1 towards HÉROUVILLE St-Clair.
- Parc des Expositions car park
- 3 Rue Joseph Philippon in Caen. From here, you can catch the free shuttle bus to Caen city centre, Monday to Saturday, 7.30 am – 8 pm.
Free car park in Caen from 7pm (5pm on thursdays) to 9.30am the day after , also on Saturdays from 11am to 3pm, on Sundays et holidays.
Free car park in Caen on saturdays from 9am to 7pm in the Hôtel de ville et Guillouard parking lots.
Free car park or “blue zone” in Ouistreham, except Alfred Thomas square (Casino), the seafront et De Gaulle square (port).
Free car park for the beaches of Lion-sur-mer, Hermanville-sur-mer and Colleville-Montgomery.
Twisto has teamed up with the famous GPS navigation application Waze to guide you on your way to Caen la mer. In addition to the usual guidance information, the roads blocked during the streetcar works will be integrated into the application.
The Géovélo application helps you find the most suitable routes for cycling through Caen la mer. The site adapts to your profile and prioritizes bike paths, bike lanes and low-traffic streets. Available on Android and IOS and on the website geovelo.fr.
Vélolib and Véloloc by Twisto
Vélolib offers you self-service shared bikes, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can pick up a bike at one station and drop it off at another. You can rent them with a subscription or occasionally with your credit card.
Véloloc allows you to rent bikes for a long period of time.
Vélolibs and Vélolocs bikes are available with or without electric assistance.
The underground parking lots in downtown Caen offer 82 parking spaces and 6 inflation stations for cyclists. In addition, 8 bicycle shelters are available (Courtonne, Saint-Jean, Gare SNCF, Stade nautique, Chemin vert, Rive droite, Presqu’île, Conservatoire) as well as 4 secure Vélopark Twisto shelters (Théâtre, Gare, Quatrans et Fossés Saint-Julien).