Discover Normandy and the D-Day landing beaches from the air, with Héli Evénements.
Heli Evénements is a helicopter company that has been specialising in the Normandy region for 15 years. The agency offers a wide range of tours: over the D-Day landing beaches, Mont-Saint-Michel, the cliffs of Étretat or the loops of the Seine and its abbeys.
Tours from Caen-Carpiquet airport
- Pegasus Bridge and Ouistreham (20 minutes):
By choosing this tour, you will fly over the magnificent seaside resort of Ouistreham! This small town, now highly touristic, was a strategic point during the landing on Sword Beach. You will extend your flight by flying over the Pegasus Bridge, one of the most famous bridges in military history.
- The D-Day Beaches (30 minutes):
A true open-air museum, the beaches along the coast still show many traces of the D-Day landings and the Battle of Normandy, such as batteries, bunkers and cemeteries including the famous American Cemetery. This guided flight will give you an insight into the memorable day of 6 June 1944.
Tours near Omaha Beach
From the 2nd to the 8th of June and from the 24th of July to the 14th of August 2022, on the occasion of the 78th anniversary of the Normandy landings, Héli Evénements offers flights from its temporary airfield located near Omaha Beach.
- Pointe du Hoc (6 minutes):
A 6 minute flight to discover a place that was the scene of one of the operations of the Allied landing in Normandy on June 6th 1944. Many blockhouses and bombing craters are still visible. The flight continues towards the town of Grandcamp and its oyster beds.
- Pointe du Hoc and the American Cemetery (10 minutes):
Overlooking Omaha Beach, this site contains the graves of 9,387 fallen soldiers, a chapel, a memorial and a garden of the missing. On the way back, you will discover the famous Pointe du Hoc.
- From Pointe du Hoc to Arromanches (30 minutes):
Discover or rediscover the Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, the American Cemetery, Arromanches and the remains of the Artificial Harbour.
- From Pointe du Hoc to Gatteville Lighthouse (40 minutes):
Your flight will start with the famous Pointe du Hoc, the oyster beds of Grandcamp-Maisy before crossing the Baie des Veys which collects the waters of four rivers. You will continue your flight along the coast via Utah Beach, the Fort of Ravenoville and the islands of Saint Marcouf. You will arrive in front of the two Vauban Towers of La Hougue and Tatihou which are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. As you pass near Saint Vaast la Hougue, you may see the amphibious boat that provides the link to the island of Tatihou. Very quickly from Barfleur, one of the most beautiful ports in France, discover the semaphore and the lighthouse of Gatteville.
Discover Normandy from other regional airports: Etretat cliffs, Côte Fleurie, Rouen...
- Presentation of an identity document is compulsory (driving licence is not accepted). As part of the Vigipirate plan, the number of the identity card and its expiry date will be requested from each passenger for verification with the competent services.
- The tourist tours take place on Saturdays or Sundays according to the schedule. Reservations can be made either by telephone on 02 35 80 94 16 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates and flight times are subject to change or cancellation depending on weather conditions.
- Children up to the age of two are allowed to fly on their parents' laps at no extra cost. Children can travel alone from the age of 12.
- The maximum weight per passenger is set at 110kg (above this, please contact the airline).
- People with reduced mobility or with mobility difficulties must be informed at the time of booking, in order to provide for special boarding.
All opening periods have passed. Please contact the owner directly for more information
|Base rate30 mn de vol – Plages du Débarquement||195€|
|Base rate20 mn de vol – Pegasus et Ouistreham||149€|
Means of payment
- Carte bleue
- Debit cards
- Eurocard - Mastercard
- Money transfer